Over $1 Million Recovered by Our Miami Personal Injury Trial Attorneys
The injuries that result from an accident can be quite debilitating. If the injuries are severe enough, they prohibit you from working or leading a normal life and you may search answers of the questions like how do I find a personal injury lawyer? or how to make a personal injury claim in Miami? When involved in an accident in Miami that is no fault of your own, you will have to seek out some legal help. The Miami personal injury attorney at the Law Office of Paul K. Schrier, PLLC, have been helping Florida residents get the compensation for their injuries for years.
We understand just how important it is to get the maximum amount of money for the injuries you have suffered and do all we can to ensure you get what you are owed. Waiting too long to file a personal injury claim can lead to a variety of complications. There are statutes of limitations regarding how long you have to file a claim like this.
Instead of waiting and missing your opportunity to get compensated for your injuries, you need to contact our team to see how we can help. During the initial consultation, we will be able to find out all of the details of your case and let you know if we think the set of circumstances surrounding your injuries are grounds for a lawsuit. With the help of our lawyers, you will be able to build a case and receive the help needed to get the money you are owed.
Personal Injury Statistics in Miami
You probably think that personal injury cases are uncommon, right? The fact is, these types of cases are quite common. Slip and fall, on the job and car accidents are some of the most common personal injury cases we deal with. Regardless of the circumstances surrounding your case, we will be able to help you figure out your next logical move. Suffering in silence due to a lack of legal knowledge can lead to a lot of complications. Speaking with the attorneys at the Law Office of Paul K. Schrier, PLLC is a great way for you to get all of the information you need regarding how to pursue your particular claim.
Below are some of the statistics regarding personal injury accidents in Miami:
- 1 in every 6,000 motor vehicle accident in Miami result in death.
- Unintentional injury deaths happen at a rate of 1 to every 1,700 cases.
- 1 in every 3 vehicle accidents in Miami result in some type of injury.
- Flying over Miami is 40 times safer than actually driving on its roadways
- Nearly 50,000 people who work in the citrus growing and other agricultural professions in Florida will die this year in on the job accidents.
As you can see (source), on the job and vehicle accidents are quite common in the Miami area. The circumstances surrounding your personal injury claim are what will determine the amount of compensation you get. The average amount of compensation awarded in personal injury claims around the country is $24,000.
Things like the amount of work you missed due to the injuries you sustained and medical bills are some of the key factors considered by the judge when awarding compensation. Generally, only 5% of personal injury cases will go to trial. Most insurance companies will push to settle out of court in these types of cases.
Personal Injury Cases We Can Help with
While we can represent clients in a broad range of personal injury related cases, here are some of the most common types of lawsuits we handle:
Miami Auto Accidents: Driving on a daily basis is fairly normal for Miami residents. What happens when you are involved an auto accident that was caused by another party’s negligence? Call our personal injury attorney in Miami to find out how to get the compensation you deserve.
Miami Worker’s Compensation Disputes: Being hurt on the job can be a very stressful experience. If the insurance company who handles the worker’s compensation claims for your employer does not do what they are supposed to, we will be there to help. Our team has the experience needed to negotiate on your behalf and get you the settlement you need.
Miami Slip and Fall Accidents: The injuries that can arise for a slip and fall accident can be quite significant. If a business or property owner’s negligence has caused your slip and fall accident, then you will need to take action. Let our lawyers help you decide whether or not your case is worth pursuing.
Miami Motorcycle Accidents: Riding a motorcycle can be a very enjoyable experience. Due to the lack of protection offered by this form of transportation, any type of wreck can be disastrous. Getting compensation for injuries you have sustained as a result of another motorist’s negligence is important. The lawyers at the Law Office of Paul K. Schrier, PLLC can help you get compensated for your pain and suffering following a motorcycle accident.
Miami Traumatic Brain Injury: The effects of a traumatic brain injury will be felt long after the smoke clears from an accident. In some instances, the severity of your brain injury may prevent you from working. Let our Miami personal injury attorney help you get the money needed to get your life back on track.
Once the dust has settled from an accident you have been involved in, you need to contact us. Without the right legal advice, you will have a hard time getting the ball rolling in regards to a personal injury claim.
Steps to Take When Involved in an Accident
Getting hurt, whether it is on the job or in a vehicle can be very shocking and stressful. Keeping a cool head and thinking about the details of an accident is a bit easier said than done. If at all possible, you will need to take the following factors into account when involved in an accident.
- Stay Put- Getting up and leaving the scene of an accident is not only foolish, it can result in criminal charges. In most states, leaving the scene of a car accident is a felony. If the accident you have been involved in is on the job, then getting up can disturb any evidence that could be used in your case. Staying put and waiting for the proper authorities to arrive is your best course of action following an accident.
- Everything Needs to Be Documented- A key component needed to get you compensation after an on the job or car accident is proper documentation. Management will usually file an accident report if you are injured on the job. This accident report will detail what happened and who was at fault. Law enforcement will handle the accident report if you are involved in an auto collision. This report will also lay out who was at fault and will have statements from witnesses who saw what happened.
- Record All of Your Expenses- In order to get an idea of the compensation you need to request, you will have to document all of your expenses. Medical bills and the time you have to take off of work due to your injuries is pertinent information our team will need to help you out.
Let Our Miami Personal Injury Attorneys Help You
Our Miami personal injury attorney is here to help you. Call us now to take advantage of the no-cost evaluation we offer. During this evaluation, we will be able to hear the details of your case and let you know if we think it is worth pursuing.
Call us now at 800-700-7285 to get the ball rolling on your personal injury case. You can also email us at email@example.com and one of our Miami injury lawyers will contact you quickly. All of the information you provide us will be kept confidential. Each of our clients is treated with the respect they deserve.
Law Offices of Paul K. Schrier, PLLC
11098 Biscayne Boulevard, 208
Miami, FL 33161