Over Half a Billion Recovered for Personal Injury Victims
Many families purchase an SUV (sports utility vehicle) because they believe they are safer than many automobiles, especially when transporting children. However, statistics offered by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that more than 30 percent of highway fatalities are due to rollover accidents. Thousands of more victims suffer a whole range of injuries in rollover accidents across the United States. If you or a loved one suffered injuries as a result of a rollover, you should speak with a Florida SUV rollover attorney for help.
Florida SUV Rollover Attorney Discusses Types of Rollovers.
There are a number of issues which can cause rollovers from design flaws to negligent handling of an automobile by another driver. Rollovers can be categorized as follows:
- Ramp rollover accidents – when an SUV or van hits the side of a ramp or a vehicle hits it the SUV could roll over.
- Forced rollover accidents – when a driver over-steers because of an accident, road block or curve and are travelling too fast, a rollover can occur.
- Sideways skid accidents – from time to time, rear wheels or tires may come into contact with a curb or other obstruction that causes the SUV to roll over.
- Driver negligence rollovers – SUV drivers are struck when another driver was speeding or distracted causing the SUV to roll over.
A Florida SUV Rollover Attorney Can Help Determine Fault
When you have sustained injuries due to a rollover of an SUV, truck or van, the first thing that must be done is to determine who is at fault for the accident or injuries. In addition to obtaining an accident report, the lawyer at The Law Offices of Paul K. Schrier, PLLC will thoroughly review the facts of the case and determine whether another driver, the auto manufacturer or both were responsible for the rollover. This is important because under Florida’s comparative fault rules, if a personal injury suit includes the primarily responsible party, victims may not collect what is owed to them.
Florida SUV Rollover Attorney Discusses Potential Injuries
Naturally any car accident victim can suffer serious injuries. However, the severity of an SUV rollover accident can be extremely devastating and may include:
- Traumatic brain injuries – can be caused by jolts, bumps or blows to the head; the results can be devastating and may even include death.
- Spinal cord injuries – serious injuries to the spinal cord can result when a driver or passenger is thrown around the inside of an SUV, even if they had their seatbelts on when the accident occurred. Spinal cord injuries can even lead to paralysis in severe cases.
- Closed head trauma – injuries that occur during a rollover that can cause permanent disability or result in the victim being in a persistent vegetative state.
- Broken/crushed bones – one of the more common injuries that result in a rollover is broken and crushed bones. In some cases, when the rollover occurs the roof of the SUV collapses and a victim could suffer serious breaks or crushing injuries.
At The Law Offices of Paul K. Schrier, PLLC, we are committed to making sure that victims of SUV rollover accidents are compensated for their injuries as well as for the damage to their vehicle. We have a long history of winning awards for victims of a whole range of personal injury cases including rollover accidents. Our skilled Miami personal injury attorneys goal is to identify the responsible party or parties and make sure they are held accountable.
If you or a loved one suffered any type of injury due to a rollover accident, contact a SUV rollover attorney at Florida Law Accident Help at (800) 700-7285. You can reach someone in our office 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. We will provide a free case review and evaluation and help you determine what steps you should take next.