Want to Talk with Florida Boating Accident Lawyer About Your Boat Accident Case
According to the National Marine Manufacturers Association, there are more than 900,000 boats registered in Florida. Keep in mind, this number does not include jet skis and other watercraft that are not required to be registered.
Accidents on Florida waterways number among the highest in the country, and the accepted school of thought is that this is because many boat operators simply do not understand the rules of the waterways. Victims of boating accidents will need to work with a Florida boat accident attorney in many cases to recover damages due to injuries or the death of a loved one.
When a Florida boat accident attorney can help
It is often surprising to people to learn the various types of watercraft that can cause injuries or death or even result in someone completely disappearing due to being thrown from a vessel and tossed into the water. Fortunately, in most cases, people do not simply disappear, but the long-term consequences of a boating accident can be devastating.
If a victim of a boat accident is in the water too long, the individual can suffer hypothermia or may even suffer permanent brain damage as a result of a lack of oxygen. These types of issues can result in the lifelong need for medical care. This is why it is important to work with a Florida boat accident attorney after any type of watercraft accident.
What types of actions create the potential for an accident?Operators of watercraft owe their passengers a measure of safety, but unfortunately, oftentimes, they take risks they may not even take with their motor vehicles. Some of the common problems that we have identified as a Florida boat accident attorney include:
- Overcrowding – As with vehicles, there are recommended passenger loads for boats. When a watercraft is navigating large waves or other water-related hazards, if there are too many people on board, accidents can and do occur.
- Speed – Just like land vehicle operators have an obligation to operate their motor vehicles at safe speeds, boaters have a similar obligation. Speed can cause problems if water conditions are bad or if there are water skiers on the waterways. In addition, too high a speed can result in an operator not seeing other watercraft such as jet skis, canoes and kayaks.
- Boat defects – Unfortunately, just as with cars and trucks, sometimes there are failures in boat design. In these cases, it may be necessary to file a personal injury suit against the manufacturer, and your Florida boat accident attorney can help you with this process.
Contact a Florida Boating Accident Lawyer for legal help
Boating accidents should never be taken lightly; the potential for serious injury due to propeller injuries and the potential for death are both very serious. When you or someone you love is injured in any type of watercraft accident, contact a Florida boating accident attorney at The Law Offices of Paul K. Schrier, PLLC.
Our personal injury lawyers are committed to helping you recover financially after an accident, and we have the experience necessary to get the maximum verdict for all your personal injury-related accidents.
Some of the main areas we serve can be found below:
- Miami Personal Injury Attorney
- Orlando Personal Injury Attorney
- Jacksonville Personal Injury Attorney
- Tampa Personal Injury Attorney
- Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Attorney
Justice for you and your family starts now with one call to the Law Offices of Paul K. Schrier, PLLC at 800-700-7285.